How to play
The new season is approaching and we’re back and better than ever. This summer we’ve taken Sky Sports Fantasy Football to the next level with some amazing new features and a brand new mobile experience!
Mobile – our new free mobile site and app allow you to play Fantasy Football on the move, meaning you’ll never miss out on the action!
Assistant Manager– our new Assistant Manager will help guide you through the season, giving you recommendations on who’s in form and suggesting transfers to help your Managerial career take off in style
Awards– As you progress through the season our Awards will give you a constant challenge, reward your performance and give you the chance to prove your managerial prowess. There are some great prizes up for grabs too!
Shortlist– Got your eye on player? Our Shortlist will allow you to monitor a number of players to decide who to bring in, and when.
More Transfers, More Freedom
This season we’ve given you 40 transfers and lifted the monthly restrictions, so you’re free to use your transfers as you wish throughout the season. You’re in control. Remember, it’s a marathon not a sprint, so use your transfers wisely.
Goalkeepers are often hard done by in Fantasy Football – they can have a Man of the Match performance, making save after save, but still lose points if they concede just one goal. This season Goalkeepers will be rewarded for an outstanding performance and will now be awarded +2 bonus points for making 5 or more saves in a match.
You can now make ONE captain change within the Game week. Just like transfers, you can make this alteration for any match day, thus giving you the opportunity to score double points from two of your players over the duration of the Game week. More details below.
Picking your team
Click on PICK NEW TEAM. You may enter a maximum of 2 teams
Select your preferred team formation: 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 5-3-2, 3-5-2 or 4-5-1
Select 11 players to your preferred formation within a budget of £75M
When you have completed your XI, select a captain to score double points
Register your details. If you have played Sky Sports Fantasy Football in the past or are a registered player of Super 6, Sky Bet, Sky Poker, Sky Vegas or Sky Bingo, you don’t have to re-register and can use your existing User ID and PIN to login.
Your team will be entered in all of the global Sky Sports Fantasy Football 2013/14 competitions
Choose to play in or start your own Private League with friends and colleagues
Join a Sky Sports Public League and compete against Sky Sports pundits
To help you select the perfect XI when the season starts, you can make unlimited transfers up to the kick-off of the first game. Use transfers throughout the season to axe under performers, injured or suspended players or just to freshen things up.
- Unlimited team changes up to the kick-off of the first Barclays Premier League match on Saturday August 17th
- Up to 40 transfers during the season
- No restrictions to how many transfers you can use per month
- In order to be eligible for scoring, transfers must be made before the earliest kick off that day; transfers made after the earliest kick off will start scoring from the next day. For example: If you transfer in van Persie before the earliest kick off on Saturday he will be eligible to score points immediately. If you transfer him in after the earliest kick off on Saturday, he will be eligible to score points from Sunday’s matches
New for this season - you can now make ONE captain change within the Game week. Just like transfers, you can make this alteration for any match day, thus giving you the opportunity to score double points from two of your players over the duration of the Game week.
Your Captain Change is given to you when a Game week starts (A Game week starts on Saturday at 00.01am and runs until midnight the following Friday).
Captain changes must be made before the earliest kick-off that day. For example: Prior to the first kick-off on the Saturday. Captain changes made after the earliest kick-off will carry over and start scoring from the next match day of the Game week.
Captains will still score double – be it positive or negative.
With two lots of double points on offer, changing your captain can have obvious benefits. Choosing when and how to change it is up to you: here’s a few scenarios…
1. You have Robin van Persie in place as captain before the Game week starts on Saturday. He scores you double points on that day and, that evening you elect to change your captain to Eden Hazard – Hazard plays on Sunday and can therefore also earn you double points in the Game week. However, having made a change, you no longer have the option to change your captain for any match taking place on Monday night or later in the Game week.
2. You have Robin van Persie in place as captain before the Game week starts on Saturday. He scores you points on that day and, rather than elect to change your captain to a player in action on Sunday, you switch your captaincy to Santi Cazorla. He plays on Monday night, allowing you to score double points from his performance in addition to Van Persie’s double tally from Saturday.
3. You have Robin van Persie in place as captain before the Game week starts on Saturday. He is doubtful so you decide to remove him as your captain and give it to Eden Hazard on Saturday morning. However, having made a change, you no longer have the option to change your captain for any match taking place on Monday night or later in the Game week.
Transferring Out Your Captain
If you choose to transfer out your captain at any stage, the player that comes in will automatically be assigned as your new captain. Using this tactic, you can change your captain without using one of your allocated Gameweek changes, however, should you wish to move the captaincy following the transfer, you will need to use up a captain change.
Want to meet Sky Sports pundit Glenn Hoddle on The Fantasy Football Club? Then head this way...
Wednesday 16th April 2014
Saturday 19th April 2014
Sunday 20th April 2014
Monday 21st April 2014