How to play
The time has come to name your team for the 2014/15 Premier League season and picking your all conquering line-up couldn't be simpler:
Picking your team
- Register your details. If you have played Sky Sports Fantasy Football in the past or are a registered player of Super 6, Sky Bet, Sky Poker, Sky Vegas or Sky Bingo, you don’t have to re-register and can use your existing User ID and PIN to login.
- Pick 11 players keeping within the £75m budget.
- Use your tactical expertise to select one of six formations:
- 4-3-3: Four defenders, three midfielders and three strikers.
- 4-4-2: Four defenders, four midfielders and two strikers.
- 4-5-1: Four defenders, five midfielders and one striker.
- 3-5-2: Three defenders, five midfielders and two strikers.
- 5-3-2: Five defenders, three midfielders and two strikers.
- 3-4-3: Three defenders, four midfielders and three strikers.
- You can have as many players from any Premier League club but remember the £75M budget!
- Once you've picked your team you'll be asked to name a captain who will score double points.
Now that you have picked your team, don’t forget to;
- Check the Leaderboards once the game is in full flow – don’t worry, you will be automatically entered into the Global Leaderboards!
- Choose to play in or start your own Private League with friends and colleagues
- Join a Sky Sports Public League and compete against Sky Sports pundits
- You can make unlimited transfers up to the kick-off of the first game on 16th August 2014
- Use transfers throughout the season to axe under performers, injured or suspended players or just to freshen things up.
- Unlimited team changes up to the kick-off of the first Barclays Premier League match on Saturday August 16th. Up to 40 transfers during the season
- No restrictions on how many transfers you can use per month
- In order to be eligible for scoring, transfers must be made before the earliest kick off that day; transfers made after the earliest kick off will start scoring from the next day. For example: If you transfer in van Persie before the earliest kick off on Saturday he will be eligible to score points immediately. If you transfer him in after the earliest kick off on Saturday, he will be eligible to score points from Sunday’s matches
You can make ONE captain change within the Game week (Saturday-Friday). Just like transfers, you can make this alteration for any match day, thus giving you the opportunity to score double points from two of your players over the duration of the Game week. Captains will still score double – be it positive or negative
Your captain change is given to you when a Game week starts (A Game week starts on Saturday at 00.01am and runs until midnight the following Friday).
Captain changes must be made before the earliest kick-off that day. For example: Prior to the first kick-off on the Saturday. Captain changes made after the earliest kick-off will carry over and start scoring from the next match day of the Game week. With two lots of double points on offer, changing your captain can have obvious benefits. Choosing when and how to change it is up to you: here’s a few scenarios…
1. You have Robin van Persie in place as captain before the Game week starts on Saturday. He scores you double points on that day and, that evening you elect to change your captain to Eden Hazard – Hazard plays on Sunday and can therefore also earn you double points in the Game week. However, having made a change, you no longer have the option to change your captain for any match taking place on Monday night or later in the Game week.
2. You have Robin van Persie in place as captain before the Game week starts on Saturday. He scores you points on that day and, rather than elect to change your captain to a player in action on Sunday, you switch your captaincy to Santi Cazorla. He plays on Monday night, allowing you to score double points from his performance in addition to Van Persie’s double tally from Saturday.
3. You have Robin van Persie in place as captain before the Game week starts on Saturday. He is doubtful so you decide to remove him as your captain and give it to Eden Hazard on Saturday morning. However, having made a change, you no longer have the option to change your captain for any match taking place on Monday night or later in the Game week.
Transferring Out Your Captain
If you choose to transfer out your captain at any stage, the player that comes in will automatically be assigned as your new captain. Using this tactic, you can change your captain without using one of your allocated Gameweek changes, however, should you wish to move the captaincy following the transfer, you will need to use up a captain change.
The players you choose score points for you based on their performances in the 2014/15 Premier League. Don’t forget, you have unlimited transfers until the opening day of the 2014/15 Premier League season (16th August 2014)! Then, once the season kicks off you will have 40 transfers to make over the course of the season, with no monthly restrictions.
- Players will score points for making an appearance in a match
- Players will score points for scoring goals or making goal assists
- Goalkeepers and defenders will score points for clean sheets but will lose points for goals conceded and goalkeepers will score points for a penalty save or miss
- Points will be awarded for a man of the match performance as chosen by Skysports.com
- Points will be deducted for yellow and red cards and for a penalty miss Captains will score double points – positive and negative
- 2 additional Bonus points will be awarded if a player completes more than 60 passes in a single Premier League game
- 2 additional Bonus points will be awarded if a player successfully tackles an opposition player on more than 4 occasions.
- 2 additional Bonus points will be awarded if a Goalkeeper successfully makes 5 or more saves.
- Prizes to the value of more than £100,000 including a £30,000 prize to the overall winner
- Weekly and monthly prizes
- Other prizes include: Starting XI prize, Knock-out Cup prize, 2nd Half League prize
Private Leagues, Private Leagues Extra and Public Leagues
- Set up your own or join a Private League with friends, colleagues and family. Choose to place a friendly wager with your Private League Extra competitors and we will pay out 100% of the prize pot in winnings, in a prize structure you decide.
- If you fancy playing again other managers in Sky Sports Fantasy Football, you can join either a Classic or Head-to-Head Public League, or add your team to a Sky Sports League to take on the stars.
- See your Fantasy team match day points rack up live as the action happens
- The Live Scoring will be an indication of the points that your team has earned during the course of the games with your final and confirmed total coming the morning after each Game Day
- The Bonus points will be displayed separately from the classic scoring points in order for you to see exactly where your hard earned points have come from
Ian Holloway joins Fenners and Merse on The Fantasy Football Club this week and Frank Lampard picks his #One2Eleven.